The Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) has announced that its 2022 recruitment form is out and available on the DPR portal. Interested applicants for the DPR recruitment are advised to check how to apply for the 2022 recruitment exercise in this post.
Are you interested in the petroleum industry? Then grab this opportunity now, by applying for the DPR recruitment intake for 2022 session.
In this post, I’ll show you the requirements needed to apply for the DPR recruitment, and how to apply for the ongoing recruitment.
About the Department of Petroleum Resources
The Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) is the department responsible for exploration and importation of Petroleum products. The department is under the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources (FMPR).
The Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) organizes a recruitment exercise every year to employ qualified individuals into various positions in the department. The application procedure is carried out on the DPR portal. See information on how to apply for the recruitment exercise in this post.
Requirements for DPR Recruitment
Applicants for the Department of Petroleum Resources recruitment must possess any of the following;
- Applicants must possess either B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND related to the applied position from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Applicants with added certificate either postgraduate certificate or professional certificate will have a higher advantage
- Applicants must possess NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
- Applicants must possess West African School Certificate (WAEC) with Credits in not less than three (3) subjects including English, and at least passes in two (2) other subjects.
- Applicants must possess National Examination Council (NECO) with passes in four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including the English Language.)
- Applicants must have a valid means of identification (drivers license, National Identification card, international passport, voters card, etc.)
- Applicants must have basic knowledge in computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Applicants must be willing to be mobilized within and outside the country.
How to Apply for the 2022 DPR Recruitment Online
The DPR recruitment application and registration is done via the DPR portal. See procedures on how to apply for the recruitment process below:
- Visit the DPR official portal at dpr.gov.ng
- Click on the register icon under “Application guidelines section” on the portal
- A form will be displayed on the screen. Fill the form with your correct data
- After filling the form, click on the register icon below
- A confirmation message will be sent to your email address
- Visit your email inbox and click on the link contained in the confirmation email
- After clicking on the link, you will be redirected to the DPR login page. Enter the login details you created during the registration to login
- Once you’re logged in select the appropriate job type that best suits your interest and click on Proceed
- A new page will displayed. On this page, you’ll need to input your Bio-data information and passport photograph.
- The passport photograph must be in .png format and not more than 62kb.
- Tap on the box below to upload your passport photograph and click on save
- Click on continue to submit the form
- Now fill in your contact details in the new page and click on submit
- On the new page, you will be required to provide your referee information, professional qualification, and upload relevant documents. All documents must be in PDF format.
- Select your preferred examination centre and alternate examination centre
- Click on submit.
- Confirm your entries on the portal for the final time
- Click on submit
- Print out your application form and copy out your reference number.
NOTE: Remember to make sure the form is submitted before logging out.
Mistakes to Avoid While Applying For DPK Recruitment
Many people have lost great opportunities due to mistakes when applying for such opportunities. So it’s important to take note of the following when applying, so as to not make mistakes.
- Apply on time, delay will reduce your chances of being recruited
- Apply for the DPR recruitment by yourself using the guidelines on this page. Avoid sending someone to apply for you
- Stay updated about the DPR recruitment exercise
- Provide all the necessary documents and information needed for the application process
- Always confirm your entries before submitting
- Do not apply multiple times to avoid being disqualified. Apply only once for a single position.
- Application is free.