Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 notification was released by the Indian Navy on the official website, www.joinnigeriannavy.com. The candidates who are interested in applying for various posts under Nigeria Navy 2022 can start filling out the forms as the Nigeria Navy application window isn’t opened forever
This post will guide you about the necessary information you need to apply for Nigerian Navy recruitment.
About the Nigeria Navy
The Nigerian Armed Forces have a component known as the Nigerian Navy. This force is a part of the largest troops on the African continent, which also includes members of the coast guard and numbers in the thousands.
Following the Nigeria amalgamation of the southern and northern regions in 1914, the Nigerian Navy was created from the Nigerian Marine.
They were essentially in control of the ports and harbors, channel dredging, illumination, and navigation at that time.
The Nigerian Naval Force was altered in 1959 July and given permission to operate as a naval force.
The military is consequently given permission by Queen Elizabeth II to be referred to as “The Royal Nigerian Navy”. Eventually, after Nigeria became a republic state, they changed the name to “The Nigerian Navy,” which is still used today.
The function of the Nigeria Navy
This branch of the armed forces was established to fill a security gap in the country, and some of them are as follows:
- Defense Against Foreign Attack
It is really obvious that the primary function of any nation’s navy main duty is to protect and defend its nation. In a similar situation, the Nigerian Navy’s primary duty is to defend Nigeria against threats that may arise on its soil.
However, Nigeria is blessed with large water bodies, which serve as her borders and provide a means for extremists and pirates to launch attacks. Therefore, the Nigerian Navy defends the country from such assaults. The Navies are commonly known as “the water Armies” because of this duty.
- Coast Guard Duties
The Nigerian Navy’s coast guard responsibilities include the following tasks:
- Compliance with customs-related rules and laws.
- Educate other men about the information they must have before joining the police.
- Military Responsibility
In order to provide a stronger force projection and maintain the balance of power, they combine forces with other military formations.
Any of the following credentials, whether academic, professional or otherwise, should be held by applicants:
- Senior Secondary School Certificate/West African School Certificate.
- Ordinary Level of the General Certificate of Education.
- Fourth-grade national diploma (OND).
- The primary school graduation certificate is a requirement for all applicants.
- Applicants should be aware that SSCE or an equivalent is required for entry into the following categories: B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, C1, D1, D2, D4, D5, D6, E1, E2, E3, E4, F1, G, and H.
Any further qualifications outside of those listed here can only be an advantage for hiring in the branch, not for promotion. Candidates are advised that it is unlawful to claim false educational or professional credentials. The victims are automatically withdrawn and handed over to the police for persecution.
- For applicants with school certificates, the age requirement is 18 to 22 years old at the time of entry into the training school. For applicants with higher qualifications, such as nurses, NCE holders, ICT professionals, etc., the age requirement is 24 years old.
Before enrolling, applicants cannot be married or have kids.
- Parent/guardian consent form and a local government attestation form must be printed by the applicant.
- Applicants must have been born in Nigeria.
- Candidates with any of the following issues should NOT apply: poor vision, hearing issues, flat feet, previous orthopedic surgery, being under the minimum height requirement (Male 1.70, Female 1.67), fractures, stammering, or any other natural disability.
- Applicants must not have ever had a criminal conviction against them by a court of law.
How to Apply for any of the Nigeria navy Job positions
Candidates are to take note of the following details regarding the application process.
Applications are offered without cost. One application per person is required. Applications submitted online more than once will be rejected.
The website for the application is www.joinnigeriannavy.com.
Step 1: To create an account on this portal, click the Register button and provide a valid email address (which will serve as your user name) and password.
Note: The next time you log in, you’ll need your email address (user name) and password.
Step 2: Finish filling out the Rating Application form. Your application can be stored. Before the program ends, you can check in at any moment to make modifications to your saved application.
Before entering your data, verify it thoroughly.
Step 3: Ensure you download and print out a copy of your completed application.
All applicants will undergo a compulsory screening exercise in which their credentials or certificates and all documents will be verified carefully.
After undergoing the screening exercise, you will have to a run a medical test.
All these types of screening we just mentioned above comes in different stages and you must exercise extreme patience.
What applicant should come with on the screening day:
- Originals and photocopies of their credentials.
- Originals and photocopies of valid Drivers’ License (Category H only).
- Writing materials.
- Two pairs of navy-blue shorts and 2 white (unmarked) T-Shirts.
- A pair of canvas/trainers and stockings.
- Bedsheets and pillowcases.
- Set of cutleries.
- Four (4) recent passport 30X30 -sized photographs on white background.