NPower is an empowerment scheme set up by President Muhammadu Buhari on the 8th day of June 2016, to address the issues of unemployment and social development. The scheme is a component of the National Social Investment Program, designed to provide a structure for large-scale work skills acquisition and development to ensure that the youths learn and practice the necessary skills required to find or create work.
Registered applicants are assigned to different locations known as the primary place of assignment (PPA). These PPA can be found by checking your Npower Deployment Status. Selected applicants are then paid specific stipends on monthly basis by the scheme. Interested in N-Power? Of course, you should. Every Nigerian youth should seize this opportunity to learn skills, become an entrepreneur, and get paid while doing so.
Over 500,000 Nigerian youths and women across all 774 local governments of the federation have been engaged in this scheme since 2016. The scheme has gone a long way in reducing the rate of unemployment in the country. 200, 000 youths were engaged in the first batch and another 300,000 youth for the second batch in August 2018. The N-Power scheme was specifically designed for unemployed youth between the age of 18 to 35. According to the Federal Government of Nigeria, there’s an agenda to further expand the NPower program, to further improve the lives of several unemployed Youths in Nigeria.
Do you want to register for this year’s N-Power scheme? Great choice. Lucky for you, Today’s guide will cover all that you need to know about the N-Power scheme.
Npower Registration Portal 2022/2023
Today’s guide will enlighten you on the required steps to secure the N-power job via the NPower registration portal (http://npvn.npower.gov.ng/login).
Do you want to learn about what Npower entails? Applicant eligibility requirements? when to get started with your application process? How to go about the application process? All these questions will be addressed in today’s article.
Before going into a detailed explanation, please note that the Npower registration portal 2022 has not yet been enabled for application intake.
We will update you on this page as to when recruitment intake will commence. Ensure to BOOKMARK here and always check for updated information.
N-power Application Requirement
Npower offers you the platform to access and enhance various types of skills and to develop yourself.
To participate in the Npower scheme there are certain requirements you must meet as a Nigerian to convince the federal government that you are capable and ready to acquire the skills necessary to help elevate your social status a little with the program.
- Age: The required age to be eligible for the Npower scheme is between 18 to 35 years. Your age remains a crucial part of the recruitment process. If you are above the age of 35 or below the age of 18 your application Will be turned down.
- Educational qualification: The educational qualifications of every applicant Will be scrutinized. The Npower scheme is designed for HND and BSc graduates who are currently unemployed. Youths with O-level certificates are also considered in the program. So if you Don’t have HND or BSc but have O level you can still try your luck and apply.
How to Register and Apply for N-Power Online
- Step 1. Visit the official NPower registration portal homepage using: portal.npower.gov.ng. Or visit the application portal using: apply.npower.gov.ng.
- Step 2. Select among the different N-power categories available to apply for. The options available are N-power Knowledge, N-power Volunteer corps, and N-power build. After selecting a category you will be provided with further options to choose from.
- Step 3. After selecting your preferred option you wish to apply for. Click on the “Apply Now” link made available.
- Step 4. Read through the instructions given then Fill in the forms made available. Be sure to read those instructions before filling the forms. Note: you’ll be required to provide a few documents which include passport, CV, degree qualification certificate, and others.
- Step 5. Finally, after successfully filling out the NPower recruitment form, click on the submit button. After which, you’ll be provided with your “NPower Registration Number”. It’s this number you’ll use to log in for the aptitude test. Remember to follow up on your recruitment status. Within the next few days after registration, you’ll receive an email from NPower containing information concerning your registration.
When is the Npower Registration Closing Date?
The NPower application portal closes Six weeks after the starting date of the recruitment. The registration for 2021 commenced on the 26th of June, 2021, and will end exactly 6 weeks from that date. If there are any changes to the date or any new information, it will be updated here so always check on our page for updated information on N-power.
Npower recruitment is free of charge! do not be misled by any individual or group. kindly disregard any information requesting money from you for N-power registration. If you have any questions, please let us know via the comment section.
Npower Biometric Verification: Next Stage of Screening ( Latest Information)
After successful registration for the N-power scheme. All shortlisted applicants are required to immediately enroll their biometric data to qualify for the final selection stage of the N-power program. Do know how to enroll your biometric data? Do not fret. Follow the instructions below to successfully enroll your biometric data.
For first time user, recover your password with the following steps:
- Click on login (dashboard)
- Click on the “Forgot Password” Option
- Enter your N-POWER application email
- Click on “Send Link”
- Check your mail and follow the instructions to reset your password.
- After successfully resetting your password, log in to update your records.
How to Verify your N-Power Biometric Data
- Login to your dashboard and click the “verification” tab
- Click on “capture your fingerprint” to download and install the enrolment application
- After installation, provide the needed credentials and click on “Proceed”.
- Ensure the fingerprint biometric device is connected, then click on “Begin Enrolment” to commence the enrolment process.
- Click on the finger to begin the enrolment process
- Applicants are to enroll their Right thumb, Right index, Left thumb, and Left index fingers only
- After successful enrollment, click on “Submit” to save the biometric enrollment
- Check the “verification” tab of your self-service portal to confirm if the capture was successful.
Have you heard of NPVN? No? Let’s get you informed then:
The NPVN simply means N-Power Volunteer Network.
It was designed in 2017 by the Nigerian government to help provide graduates with the essential knowledge and skill in other to reduce the high rate of unemployment in the country by helping them to create jobs and engaging them in activities that will help them generate income for themselves.
Everything you need to know about Npower Recruitment Program
Nigeria is a country blessed with numerous mineral resources and also human resources. The Nigerian population was estimated to be above 200 million.
The poverty rate has continued to increase with the increase in the rate of unemployment in the country. The Government is greatly concerned about the alarming rate of poverty, unemployment which could in no time result in social anarchy if nothing is done to put everything under check.
It is as a result of this that President Mohammadu Buhari came up with an idea of N-power that will help correct some of these anomalies, and try to redistribute income to narrow the gap between the rich and the poor while also trying to impact skills and knowledge to the Nigerian youths with this program.
Please note that the Npower program is not a scheme that is designed to help you collect free money from the government.
You are expected to learn a skill, gain knowledge, provide solutions to society and also help in primary health care, improving education, and lots more.
The N-power scheme targets the workforce of the country. The federal government has promised that almost half a million Nigerians between the ages of 18 to 35 are targeted to be recruited.
As you can see the Npower program is loaded with a lot of amazing benefits and offers for you. Apart from the financial benefits which is a 30,000 naira monthly stipend, you stand a chance to gain knowledge on the specialized area that is of interest to you.
N-Power Volunteer Corps
The N-Power Volunteer Corps is a post-tertiary engagement initiative for Nigerians between 18 and 35. It is a paid volunteering program of a 2-year duration.
Graduates will undertake primary tasks in identified public services within their imminent communities. They are entitled to computing devices that will contain information essential for their specific engagement, as well as information for their continuous training and development.
In 2016, the Federal Government engaged 200,000 N-Power Volunteers. In 2017, the Federal Government enlisted 300,000 more.
N-Power volunteers will provide teaching, instructional, and advisory solutions in 4 key areas.
N-Power 5 Main Segments
- N-Power Teach
- N-Power Health
- N-Power Agro
- N-Power Tax
- N-build (Non-Graduate)
N-Power Teach Recruitment
N-Power Teach Volunteers will help improve basic education delivery in Nigeria. N-Power Teach Volunteers will be deployed as teacher assistants in primary schools around Nigeria.
They will not replace the current teachers but will work as support teachers across Nigeria, assisting with teaching, school management, and other functions within the schools.
N-Power Health Recruitment
Npower health program is designed to help improve and promote preventive healthcare in rural communities that lack health care personnel. With this program, the government focuses on areas with an acute shortage or zero health delivery.
N-Power Agro Recruitment
With this program, the government helps millions of farmers nationwide with the best practices on how to increase their productivity, fight pests, store their produce, and also source or get their produce to the final consumer promptly.
In this case, the federal government will engage the NPOWER AGRO team and applicants to aid the farmers in the challenges they face.
N-Power Tax Recruitment
Tax compliance in Nigeria is not positive, hence the federal government will engage N-POWER TAX applicants also known as the Community Tax Liaison Officers to help raise massive awareness on the importance of tax to their community and Nigeria as a whole.
N-Power Build (Non-Graduate)
The N-Power Build program a training and certification program that is designed to train unemployed Nigerian youths in other to create and build a skilled and highly competent workforce of artisans, technicians, and service experts.