Are you in search of up-to-date information on the slated date for the commencement of the NDE recruitment for graduates and non-graduates? We know you have a burning desire to be enlisted by the NDE. So Relax and read this article carefully.
Do you know that the National Directorate of Employment portal was conceived for the teeming unemployed Nigerian population consisting of graduates, employers, and skills providers? At the moment, the NDE recruitment is one of those topics trending online. A lot of people are on the search to get up-to-date information that will guide them to ascertain if the recruitment is truly going to take place.
Frequently Asked Questions asked by interested candidates are listed below. In this post, I will give vital and up-to-date answers to all your desired questions.
- What is the National Directorate of Employment?
- How Do I Apply for the NDE Recruitment?
- What is required for the Recruitment?
- When is the deadline for the NDE Recruitment Registration?
- What are the programmes in the NDE SPW program?
- Is the NDE still recruiting?
A Brief History of The National Directorate of Employment (NDE)
National Directorate of Employment (NDE) is one of the major Government Agencies in Nigeria which was set up in 1986 (34 years ago).
The National Directorate of Employment was set up with the mission to create and implement job creation programmes.
The provision of jobs was aimed to promote attitudinal change, create employment, reduce poverty, and Improve the financial status of the Nigerian population.
(NDE) was established because of the high rate of unemployment in Nigeria.
On that note has the federal government announced the establishment of the Special Public Works Programme targeted at employing 774,000 citizens, the federal government has commenced the Special Public Works Programme aimed at recruiting 774,000 unemployed Nigerian youth via the 774, 000 NDE recruitment portal.
What this means in clear terms is that a thousand persons will be selected from each of the respective 774 local government areas in the country.
This was announced by the NDE through its official Twitter handle on Tuesday.
Prompting the release of about N52 billion for the Special Public Works Programme in the 2022 budget.
Mr Keyamo made an Outcry, accusing the lawmakers of trying to compromise and sabotage the recruitment process despite getting 15 per cent of job slots.
On a final note, it should be known that the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) are responsible to implement recruitment under a special works programme.
Nigerian Directorate of Employment Special Public Works Programme Recruitment
The Special Public Works Programme (SPW) is divided into different arms
- The Graduate Attachment Programme (GAP)
- Graduate Coaching Scheme (GCS)
- The Graduate Special Training Programme (GSTP)
- The Environmental Beautification Training Scheme (EBTS)
- The Solar Energy Training Scheme (SETS)
- The Community Development Scheme (CDS)
- Labour Based Technology Training Scheme (LBTS)
These are all the NDE programs Applicants stand to benefit from when they qualify as beneficiaries or Volunteers
How to Apply for NDE Recruitment Via NDE Recruitment portal
The portal for Recruitment in the NDE recruitment portal is https://nde.gov.ng/. The NDE Portal is not open at the moment for registration of new candidates.
The next recruitment exercise will be carried out openly i.e information on the NDE will be Relayed to the Public and all information will be published through the NDE official website www.nde.gov.ng.
In this vein, job seekers are to be abreast with information on what is required of them to be able to register for Recruitment.
Meanwhile, applicants who meet the necessary requirements, can go ahead and apply online
and for people who had the intentions but fall short of requirements, it is sad that you will have to stop nursing the intention to apply for NDE Jobs.
How to Apply Online
- Firslty, go to the NDE Recruitment Portal –www.nde.gov.ng portal.
- Scroll on the Organizations homepage and go to the current recruitment section.
- Carefully read requirements, guidelines and method of application for available vacancies.
- Select the “Apply” link and supply NDE Registration to the space provided.
- Register with the 2022 Application Portal recruitment and log in
- Give the required information to the application form, upload all credentials and documents
- Go through all details and check if they are correct and submit the form
- Finally Click on Submit and make sure you have the print out.
Caution; Things to Avoid While Applying
Many people have failed while applying not because they are do not meet the necessary qualifications needed, but because of numerous mistakes of different degrees. Keep this in mind:
Avoid Procrastinating, do not wait until the deadline reaches.
Endeavour to do your application processes alone, do not send to do do registrations for you to avoid mistakes in your data
Keep in touch, and always get information concerning the application from reliable sources
Make sure you give all the information required.
Go over your details before submitting.
- Applicants should avoid multiple applications , Candidates who attempt to apply for different jobs will have their applications cancelled
- The Online Application is absolutely free.
General Requirements for the NDE Recruitment
Below is what is required of the NDE recruitment process;
- Four Credit Passes in WAEC/SSCE or it equivalent which includes Maths, English, and two (2) other Core Subjects.
- You are required to have four (4) passes in one sitting or five (5) subjects at two sittings including English Language.
- Candidates must possess B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND in any discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
- These are added requirements as follow-up from the basic requirements, We added these requirements to increase your chances of getting employed.
You should be able to work with basic computer packages like the Microsoft Office Packages
You should be able to have geographical mobility within and outside Nigeria.
You should possess problem-solving skills.
Age of Applicants to apply for this package Male or females is between the ages of 18 – 35.
Candidates who are good at scriptwriting, analytical writing, creative writing are will be advantaged,
The candidate should have the ability to undertake self-tutorship.
NDE Shortlist 2022 Applicant Update
Having seen your name on the NDE recruitment list, it means you are inches close to the finish line. And it’s time for you get to the finish line which is the interview. after being shortlisted:
- Make sure you get information about the Nigerian Directorate of Employment.
- Endeavour to have a clear vision. Find out why you want the position you are vying for. And how you will be effective in that position. Also, go through your application
- Make the interview section more interactive, As the Interviewers will want to hear your ideas, so don’t get all too jittery, There is much more to you than your resume.
- Practicing before the interview will go a long way. Thus, try mock interviews with your family and friends.
NDE Salary Structure
The 774,000 Volunteers of the Federal Government Special Public Works, SPW, under the NDE will earn N20,000 monthly from this scheme, of a 3-month program aimed at developing artisans and creating gainful employment.
NDE Registration Closing Date
The National Directorate of Employment Recruitment Deadline has not yet been made public but it will be released when the recruitment application starts, so in the meantime, there is no set date for the closure of NDE registration.