How to Check BVN on MTN – Have you misplaced your Bank Verification Number (BVN)? Or you can’t recall the correct BVN digits? If yes, then you may be in for some financial problems.
Your BVN number is very important and essential, it is your unique identification in all financial institutions in Nigeria. Without your BVN number, you may not be able to perform certain financial transactions on any of your banking accounts. However, there’s a way out for you.
Do you know that you can check your BVN number using your MTN phone number? Yes you can! MTN Nigeria has been incorporated to the Bank Verification Number system, so that whenever customers on the MTN network misplaced their BVN number, they can easily check the number by dialling a simple USSD code.
Amazing right? Now you no longer need to panic when you’re asked to provide your BVN number. Simple dial the USSD code and get your 11 digit BVN number.
If you don’t know how to check your BVN number on MTN, then this article is for you. In today’s post, I’ll be showing you how to check your Bank Verification Number using your MTN SIM card.
In this article, you will discover the following;
- how to check bvn without airtime
- how to check bvn online
- how to check bvn on access bank
- how to check bvn on uba
- code to check bvn
- how to check bvn on mtn gtbank
- how to check bvn on airtel
- how to check bvn on glo
How to Check Your BVN Number on MTN
To check your BVN number using your MTN phone number, follow the procedures below:
- Go to the phone dialer app on your mobile phone
- Dial the USSD code; *565*0# using your MTN phone number
- Wait for a few seconds
- Your 11 digit BVN number will be displayed on the screen
- Copy out the BVN number and save it
- Congratulations! You have successfully checked your BVN number using your MTN SIM card.
NOTE: For the procedure to work, the MTN SIM card used to dial the USSD code must have been linked to your bank account.
Cost of Check BVN Number on MTN
As with every other thing Nigeria, nothing comes for free. To check your BVN number using your MTN phone number, you will be required to pay a service charge. The service charge for checking the BVN number in MTN is N20.
The service charge of N20 will be deducted from the airtime balance on your MTN SIM card. Keep in mind that you will be required to pay this service charge every time you dial the USSD code. Hence, it is better to save it on your phone or somewhere after checking it.
Benefits of the Bank Verification Number
The following are benefits of the Bank Verification Number in Nigeria:
- Your BVN number is an acceptable means of identification across all financial institution in Nigeria
- BVN number can be used for validation and verification of customers identity across multiple electronic platforms
- BVN can be used to obtain financial loans from various financial institution
- BVN number helps to limit financial and cyber fraud
- Your BVN number contains all your relevant information including name, phone numbers, address, date of birth.
- BVN help making banking operations easy and fast.
How to Enrol For the Bank Verification Number
If you do not have the Bank Verification Number, follow the procedures below to enrol today:
- Head to any branch (you can walk into any branch of your bank).
- Fill in and submit the BVN Enrolment form.
- Present yourself for data capturing (such as Fingerprint, facial Image etc.)
- An acknowledgement slip with the transaction ID is issued to you.
- Within 24hours, the system confirms your application, your BVN is generated, and you receive an SMS for pickup.