In a bid to share important information about their latest updates, JAMB otherwise known as the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board has officially activated its e-facility 2021 portal for access by the general public.
The new JAMB e-facility portal allows all JAMB candidates access to information on their respective admission status and it’s absolutely free of charge. In addition, candidates can also check their admission status for the past subsequent years at ease. So what is this facility all about? Stay clued to this article for more information.
What is JAMB?
The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) is a popular Nigerian educational brand that was established in 1978. It’s the board responsible for conducting pre-tertiary education entrance exams for all Nigerian secondary school leavers. These tertiary institutes include universities, polytechnics, colleges of education, and monotechnics. However, candidates who are eligible to write the JAMB examination are expected to have WAEC (West African Examination Council) or NECO (National Examination Council) certificates. They are also required to score the standard WAEC or NECO grades set for a given field of study.
Thus, it’s worthy to note that admission is determined and given based on the quality of the pair of JAMB scores and O-level grades. Hence, candidates who did well on the both have a higher chance of gaining admission than does who did not.
JAMB Mission and Mission Statement
Using the MLA style of citation, here is the mission and mission statement of JAMB;
“JAMB Mission and Mission Statement.” JAMB.Gov.Ng, jamb.gov.ng/Mission
Accessed 3 October 2021.
To pursue with integrity, vigour, commitment, dedication, transparency and selflessness the realization of the objective of a uniform standard in the conduct of matriculation examination and the placement of suitably qualified candidates into the nation’s tertiary institutions.
To reliably measure candidates’ abilities and determine their suitability for higher education.”
About JAMB e-facility Portal 2021
The JAMB e-facility portal is an information plug that was created for all JAMB candidates. To be able to access these information, one should visit JAMB’s official website which is where the e-facility is based. On reaching there, a choice of what information to access is left for the concerned individual.
Nevertheless, candidates can access JAMB e-facility 2021 portal on https://www.jamb.gov.ng/Efacility and make a choice on the information they want to access.
Accessing JAMB e-facility Portal 2021
To access JAMB facility portal, one need to create an account. The reason for this is because full and unrestricted access to updated information are only available for candidates with an account.
The process involved in creating an account with JAMB is simple and straightforward; so the following are ways to do it:
- Step 1: To create an account head over to the portal web address which is https://www.jamb.gov.ng/Efacility and tab on the login button which is usually located at the top right of the web page;
- Step 2: Next line of action to do is tab on the “‘create new account” link which will take you to a fresh page where you’ll need to input your email address;
- Step 3: Once the email address is being provided, select your preferred security question type which is a vital future security tool and input the corresponding answer to it.
- Step 4: The next process is to verify your email address. To do this, visit your email and check on the message sent by JAMB. Note that this verification message is mostly found in the spam storage.
- Step 5: On finding this message, click on it and you’ll be redirected to a fresh (registration) page where you’ll be provided with spaces to fill in your details. At this point, it’s important that you duely provide the right and correct information before creating the account.
- Step 6: The final process to undergo is to successfully login to your registered account. To do this, visit JAMB e-facility website and proceed to enter your login details which are the password and the Username in the rightful designated areas. On confirmation that the provided login details are correct, click on the login tab. This will take you to your JAMB profile page where you’ll be able to access information.
Checking Admission Using JAMB portal
With JAMB portal, it is easy to check your admission status. Once you had followed the above-given guide on accessing JAMB e-facility portal 2021, the process will become more simple.
It is important to note that checking JAMB admission status via its portal is free of charge and do not require a scratch card.
Follow the below given procedures to check your 2021 JAMB amission status;
- Procedure 1: Visit https://www.jamb.gov.ng/Efacility and login to JAMB portal using the account your correct login details you used during your JAMB registration;
- Procedure 2: On clicking on login, you’ll be redirected to your JAMB profile. On the page of this profile, you’ll see an option for “Check Admission Status” which is normally located at the downward side of the web page. You’ll find this option when you scroll your cursor downwards;
- Procedure 3: still under this option, you’ll be provided with a page to full in your correct JAMB registration number as well as the year of the examination. On verifying that your details are correct, click on the “Check Admission Status” tab and wait for the result to manifest itself. Therefore with this procedures, one can easily check his or her (as the case may be) admission status online without purchasing a scratch card.
The JAMB e-facility portal is an important platform that provides information on all JAMB services. These information can only be accessed by registered JAMB candidates who have successfully opened and verify their accounts. One of the vital data provided by the e-facility is the free admission checker features which allows candidate to be updated on their respective admission status.
If you didn’t have an account with JAMB and couldn’t access the e-facility portal, follow the above-given steps and procedures to create your JAMB account and start enjoying the unrestricted free services that comes with it.