Have you lost the phone number linked to your Bank Verification Number? If so, then you will not be able to check your BVN number using your new line. Also, there are several operations which is only possible with your BVN phone number. If you’re facing such problems or something similar, then it’s best to change your BVN phone number.
Contrary to what you may believe changing your BVN phone number is actually quite easy. The Central Bank of Nigeria has made it possible for individuals to change BVN phone number easily. Since the majority of Nigerians have multiple SIM cards.
Do you want to change your BVN phone number? Then you’ve come to the right place. In today’s post, I’ll be giving a step to step guide on how to change the phone number linked to your Bank Verification Number.
What is BVN?
BVN is an acronym for Bank Verification Number. The Bank Verification Number is a biometric identification system created by the Central Bank of Nigeria in conjunction with all the financial institution in the country.
The Bank Verification Number was created to help curb and eliminate illicit financial transactions and fraudulent activities in the Nigerian banking system. The BVN serves as your unique identity across all financial institutions in the country. Hence, every individual is entitled to a single BVN number.
After obtaining your Bank Verification Number, you no don’t need to get another one regardless of the number of financial institutions you’re banking with. All you need to do, is link all your banking accounts to your BVN number, and carry on with your financial business.
Your Bank Verification Number contains the following information; passport photograph, fingerprint, full name, age, date of birth, and other relevant information.
How to Change Your BVN Phone Number
To change the phone number associated with your bank verification number, follow the procedures below:
- Go to the bank where you first enrolled for the Bank Verification Number
- Head to the customer care section in the bank and request for BVN modification
- You will be asked to provide your 11 digit BVN number and a valid ID card
- Your BVN number will be used to access your Bio-data on the bank’s database
- You will be given a form to fill
- Fill and submit the form to the customer care representative
- After submitting the form, your request will be processed
- After a few minutes, your BVN phone number will be changed.
How to Link Your BVN to Your Bank Account
If you opened a new bank account you will be required to link it to your BVN before you can perform operations on the account. To link your BVN to the bank account, follow the procedures below:
- Go to the phone dialer app on your mobile phone
- Dial the USSD code; *945*BVN# using the phone number linked to the new account number
- For example dial; *945*85263894512#
- After dialling the code, your BVN will be automatically linked to your new bank account.